Professional Mojo specializes in telling your organization’s story compellingly and irresistibly – online and in print – and especially over social media channels. One of our favorite things, however, over the past years has been podcasting. We consider it to be a powerful social media tool.
We encourage our clients to set up regular podcasts to engage their prospects, create thought leadership, improve their SEO and just have a good time marketing their organization! Here are a few tips to get you started.
- Be passionate. You know how you can tell, when you are meeting someone for the first time, whether or not she is excited about what she does? It’s even more apparent on “radio”. When you smile, your listeners can hear it. When you are unfocused and dispassionate, they hear that, too.
- Be certain about your content. If you are not an expert in your field, don’t try to be. Bring on guests who are knowlegeable and able to answer listener questions effectively. If you struggle, your credibility is damaged.
- Be consistent with your time slot. Listenership only grows when they can count on your program.
- Be keyword savvy. Evaluate the keywords that will bring you the most traffic then use them to optimize your podcasts.
- Syndicate. No, we don’t mean we’ll see you on Oprah’s show any time soon, but do push your podcasts out to your Facebook page, websites, Twitter, and more. Give your listeners every opportunity to experience your unique on-air personality.
If you’d like to learn more about how podcasting, video and other online channels can increase your revenue and create a positive online portfolio, give us a call.